I had already been dying to make something with burlap and glittery gold, and I knew it would be perfect to go along with the other Casual Elegance products.
What you need:
1. Burlap (Mine came from the David Tutera Casual Elegance Collection)
2. Twine (Also from the collection)
3. Gold Spray Paint
4. Gold Glitter
5. Newspapers and Tape
6. Tan or Brown Felt
7. Glue Gun (or Fabric Glue)
What you do:
1. Cut your burlap into little banner shapes.
2. Line up your pieces of burlap side by side on top of newspaper. Lay another piece of newspaper across the top (where you want natural burlap to show through), and secure with painter's tape.
3. Spray paint the bottom part of the burlap. Add a good amount of fine gold glitter as you go. It will stick to the spray paint if you apply it before it dries. You could also probably just buy a glittery gold spray paint, but I like how this effect turned out.
4. Let the pieces dry. Cut a long piece of twine or ribbon.
5. Flip over the pieces of burlap. Cut out pieces of tan or brown felt to fit over the back of the twine. This step also helps keep the burlap from falling apart. Use a glue gun to attach the felt around the back of the twine. Make sure you don't use too much glue, or it will seep through the burlap and show up on the front of your banner.
6. Enjoy! This banner is great for a party or celebration, and works well with the rest of the Casual Elegance collection (like these AMAZING chalkboard signs!)
Do you love the combination of rustic and chic? Do you want to keep up with the David Tutera Casual Elegance collection? You can follow along on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Check out what other talented Bloggers have made using this collection: