It's getting close to back to school, and today I'm sharing a fun duct tape craft for lockers. There are so many fun possibilities when you use Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape to personalize and add bright colors and patterns to something plain. I was thrilled to get the opportunity to write a sponsored back to school post using this tape. I ended out making colorful magnetic arrow clips that are perfect for school lockers, since they're decorative and practical. You can also use the tape to make other locker decorations for boys or girls.
3. Large Popsicle Sticks
4. Magnetic Tape
5. Hot Glue Gun
Here's how you make the colorful magnetic arrow clips:
1. Cut one end of your Popsicle stick off at a point. You can lightly mark where you will be cutting with pencil.
2. Cut the other end of your Popsicle stick at an arrow. It's okay if the edges are a little rough, because they will be covered in duct tape.
3. Cut out a piece of Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape that is slightly larger than your arrow shape, and stick the arrow to the center.
4. Trim the top and bottoms of the tape to fit the arrow, then cut out pieces along the sides, as seen in the picture above.
5. Fold over the tape and press it firmly. Flip over the arrow and make sure that you are happy with how the front looks.
6. Attach strips of magnetic tape to the backs of clothes pins. Use hot glue if necessary.
7. Using a hot glue gun, attach the arrow to the front side of the clothes pin and press down firmly. Make sure that the opening of the clothes pin points down towards the arrow.
Now you have fun and colorful magnetic arrow clips to use to decorate your lockers (or send to school with your kids). They are a fun way to display photos, notes, pages from magazines, or even homework assignments on the inside of your locker door. Then at the end of the year, you can bring them home and use them as useful fridge magnets.
For these arrows, I used the following colors of tape: Cherry Red, Sunshine Yellow, Hot Pink, Sea Blue, Tangerine Orange, and Green Apple.
There are so many other fun ways to use Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape to get ready to go back to school, and to personalize and decorate your school supplies and your locker. I used tape to decorate the edges of a Scotch tape dispenser and attached magnetic tape to the bottom for easy locker access. I also added magnets to the bottom of little clear dollar store containers and filled them with paper clips. I then used some of the patterned Scotch Duct Tape to make fun stickers. It's easy to decorate a locker for either a boy or a girl.
Here's how you make Scotch® Patterned Duct Tape stickers:
1. Cut out two pieces of wax paper. Layer them on top of each other.
2. Very lightly, attach a piece of patterned duct tape across both pieces of wax paper.
3. Flip this over, and draw an outline on the back of the paper.
4. Cut out the shape, and peel away the wax paper. If you have trouble removing all of the wax paper, you can simple leave it and use glue to attach that part of the duct tape sticker.
For these stickers, I used the following patterns of tape: Superman, Roy G Biv.
You can use Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape to decorate a locker for a boy.
...or for a girl. Have fun. There are so many different colors and patterns, you can come up with your own decorating color scheme.
If you love Duct Tape and want to join the Scotch Expressions Tape community, you can follow along on Facebook , Twitter, or Pinterest.
*This post is a collaboration with Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape, but words and opinions are my own.