There are so many fun trends in fashion this spring, from bold shapes and patterns, to black and white, to lace. When I was given the opportunity to create a runway inspired nail tutorial with Sally Hansen nail products for the spring, I knew I would have trouble choosing just one. When I went to Walgreens to look at the collection, my decision got even more difficult. There were so many gorgeous colors and styles of polish that were beautifully displayed. You can see my Google+ shopping album here.
I love the pink and gold metallic nails in this Walgreens display! There was also a beautiful section of Sally Hansen nail polish called "Colors of the Season" with a great selection of trendy colors. #ILuvNailArt
(P.S. There is a BOGO 50% on Insta Dri and Salon Effects at Walgreens that runs until 3/30/13. If you buy 2 between 3/10-3/16, then you will receive 2,000 rewards points.)
After a LOT of deliberation (and a few weird looks from other customers), I finally narrowed it down to just a few products with a design in mind. I made sure to use my Balance Rewards card for extra points and discounts. I ended out choosing one of my favorite trends right now, black lace, which is both classic and current.
Here is a trendy spring outfit I put together that would look great with these black lace tip nails. It features two of the Pantone spring 2013 fashion color report, poppy red and linen.
1. Salvatore Ferragamo Lava Juliette Tote 2. Valentino Couture Lace D'Orsay 3. Freshwater Pearl Earrings 4. Romantic Luxe Twill Skinny Jeans 5. Lipsy Tunic Top 6. Allure's Top 8 Spring Make-up Trends 7. ASOS Nude Round Sunglasses 8. Pearl and Bead Bracelets 9. River Island Black Leather LOVE Bracelet 10. Black Lace Tip Nails (Sally Hansen Nail Effects)
HOW TO CREATE THIS LOOK
What I used:
1. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On"
2. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "In a Flash"
3. Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat
5. (Optional) Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-up Pen
What you do:
1. Paint your nails with 1-2 coats of white paint. A lot of light and neutral colors are pretty transparent and the white base gives your nails an even and brighter look. For a more see through look, you can skip this step.
*Make sure to let each coat fully dry before applying the next one.
2. Paint on a coat of your colored nail polish. I used the Insta-Dri polish (which dried quickly, hooray!) in the color called "In a Flash". A darker nude shade would also work well.
3. Touch up any nail polish spots or edges with the Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-up Pen. This pen was amazing and SO easy to use. It really allowed me to paint right up to the edges to my nails with a straight line.
4. Prepare your nail polish strips. Choose strips that are the right width for each nail, and cut them to cover the top halves of your nails. Make sure they fully cover past the top of your nails. (These fun strips are made of real nail polish so they don't look or feel like stickers. They come right off with nail polish remover.)
5. Follow the instructions for the strips. Basically, peel off the front and backs from the strips, press them against your nails (you can stretch them a little bit if you need to), then use the provided nail file to file the ends. Be careful to not file off too much of the strip.
6. Make sure you are happy with how everything looks and that everything is smooth and even.
7. Add a coat of Mega Shine Top Coat, making sure it covers the front end of your nails. I LOVE this top coat, plus it extends the life of your manicure and prevents chipping.
8. Let it dry and enjoy!
You can keep up with Sally Hansen on twitter or check out the I Heart Nail Art app where you can submit your own nail art for a chance to win $500, a trip to NYC, and a $2000 grand prize. (Check out the app for more details.)
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and COTY. All opinions are my own. #cbias #SocialFabric